Hey GPUG Portland Members!
In August we are again hosting a shared virtual GPUG meeting with the Portland, Irvine, Los Angeles, San Diego, Sacramento, Seattle, Phoenix and South Carolina communities all in the same session!
Thursday, August 6th: Starting time 12:30 pm, Ending time 2:30 pm PST!
With the success of the May and June shared meetings between several West Coast Chapters, we figured we would continue the momentum.
To save time and keep it moving, we will not be doing a full introduction of all attendees, but as always we will make time for discussions!
This will be a virtual GoToMeeting and it would be preferred if you could share your picture/video and participate in discussions so it could be INTERACTIVE. Please do not share the link with other people, as we want folks to register themselves so we can track attendance and GPUG member activities!
We are calling these SPEED Meetings, so folks can attend during an extended lunch (and stay engaged for 120 minutes).
Please register just as you would an in-person meeting, and we will provide the connection information for you.
The agenda for the August GPUG VIRTUAL meeting is as follows:
· 12:30-12:40: Opening: GP News/Intros
· 12:40-1:15pm GP Education: GP AP Grab Bag (Abra Gilman/Shawn Dorward): We will demonstrate how easy it is to create a standard AP Requisition (the ‘newer’ feature in AP); utilize some workflow/emailing features; perform AP Invoice Doc Attach and Approvals; while tying the GL accounts into commitment accounting for tracking.
· 1:15-1:30pm Customer Showcase – San Francisco Housing Authority: (Zubin Gidwani/David Rosario) Will demonstrate how budgets are created from those commitments postings allowing MR, GP and other applications (like Dynamic Budgets) to report against them. SFHA has created remaining to spend reports and others. With the customization Dynamic Budgets did to show requisitions from the Ariett (Avid Exchange) system, the budget reallocation module allows them to move funds around when they run out of money in one account and still need to purchase without changing the total approved budget.
· 1:30-1:55pm Sponsor: Avid Exchange - AP Automation featuring AP Invoicing AND remote payments - (Phil Grotto) FYI, Avid Exchange now owns Ariett (Requisitions, Approvals, Expense, Contracts)
· 1:55-2:10pm Free GP Tools - iSolutions (Ryan McBee): 1) AR Advanced Apply, 2) AP Distribution Template, & 3) Credit Card Tool – Some of the many tools Ryan and team is sharing with the GP Community.
· 2:10-2:30pm Questions/Closing: Ask the Experts/Roundtable – What should we schedule for the next meeting?!