Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to apply receivables credit memo

GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 16 days ago
    We have an odd situation where an open receivables credit memo cannot be applied.  When the credit memo is selected in the Apply Sales Documents window no open invoices are displayed.  The customer has other open credits and payments and when any of them are selected in the Apply window then the customer's open invoices are displayed.  The problem credit memo does come up when doing an open transaction inquiry for the customer and I can drill down to it with no issues.  There are no apply records referencing this credit memo in RM20201 or RM30201 and it doesn't show up in any of the RM work tables.  I ran a reconcile on outstanding document amounts for the customer just in case, but that returned no results. 

Any suggestions on where else to look?  I can certainly void the problem transaction and re-enter, but wanted to try to find the problem before going that route.

We're on GP 18.4.  Thx.

------------------------------
    Jim Harris
    Director of Information Systems
    ExamWorks, Inc.
    Atlanta GA

• 2.  RE: Unable to apply receivables credit memo

GPUG ALL STAR
    Posted 7 hours ago
    @Jim Harris
    I'd book a time to have all users out of GP, make a backup, and run check links.  If that doesn't resolve the issue them you might be able to use the PSTL tool to unapply records for that customer and see if that corrects the issue.
    Thanks
    Windi​

Windi Epperson
    Customer Support Manager
    Njevity, Inc
    Norman OK
    720-870-9700 x104

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role