Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  PO Template not correct for 1 employee

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Oct 28, 2022 03:53 PM
    Hello
    We use a custom template to Print PO's.  For 1 employee in 1 of our companies the template option is no longer working when printing a new PO.
    When selecting the print option from the PO entry screen he receives the below, which is pointing the the SQL report server.

If he goes thru the PO inquiry option and prints from there it works correctly. Any suggestions on how I can track this down?
    For other employees everything works fine.  For this one employee in other companies it works fine.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Mary Mallazzo
    Fromkin Brothers
    Edison NJ

• 2.  RE: PO Template not correct for 1 employee

GPUG ALL STAR
    Posted 16 days ago
    Hi Mary,
    Not sure if you got this sorted out.. but here are my 2cts.
    Word Templates are company specific and vendor/customer specific even as you can assign them individually or by class ID. 
    As for why it works in some company and not in others for a specific user, might be related to the Alternate Forms & Reports security that might point to the wrong profile in some companies.. I'd check all of the above to make sure the same security profile is used for all the companies, and the user has the right Template assigned (and exclude that some of the templates are assigned per vendor/customer).
    What bugs me in your case is the opening of some SSRS report in a browser... either I'm misinterpreting your "template" words, or you're talking about something completely different. Users can call SSRS reports directly from within GP too... is that what they do ?

Beat Bucher
    Business Analyst, Dynamics GP SME
    Montreal QC/Canada
    @GP_Beat http://www.gp-geek.com
    Montreal QC GPUG Chapter Leader
    MBS MVP (2015-2018)
    All-Star 2013

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role