Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  open quote

Posted Oct 31, 2022 03:56 PM
    Good afternoon, 

we had a salesperson leave the company and I assigned and new salesperson to their accounts.  When we open the open quotes report it still has the old salesperson on it.  But when I open the customer up it shows the new salesperson.  Is there a way for the open quotes to reflect the new salesperson on the report?  

Thanks
    Nicole

------------------------------
    Nicole Ricci
    Sure Controls Inc.
    Greenville WI

• 2.  RE: open quote

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Nov 01, 2022 08:59 AM
    Hi Nicole,

The Sales Person ID can exist in many places
    • On the Customer Maintenance card (RM00101)
    • On the Customer Address Maintenance card (RM00102)
    • On the Sales Transaction Entry (Click the blue arrow next to Customer ID) (SOP10100 - Work, SOP30200 - History)
    • On the Sales Item Detail Entry window (Click on a line in the detail area and hit the blue arrow to the right of the "Item Number" column header) (SOP10200 - Work, SOP30300 - History)
    The SLPRSNID column can be updated in the appropriate tables (listed above) but I have no idea if this will cause problems with commissions and stuff like that.  Updating the database directly can be a dangerous thing!

I'd recommend using a macro to update everything (except the history - it can't be changed).  Checkout Replicator at my website Rnoldz.com - it will let you update many records easily.  And, it's free!

Good Luck & please let me know if you have any problems or questions

John Arnold
    Senior Software Engineer
    US Digital
    Vancouver WA

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role