Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  need to void a receiving's transaction entry that is already posted to a batch.

Posted Oct 26, 2022 04:59 PM
    HI 

I have done a little research on this, and they are saying i need to do a return.   Do i need to do a return to void the receiving's transaction to a already posted batch?   Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks
    Nicole

------------------------------
    Nicole Ricci
    Sure Controls Inc.
    Greenville WI

• 2.  RE: need to void a receiving's transaction entry that is already posted to a batch.

Posted Oct 27, 2022 07:51 AM
    Hi Nicole, 

Currently in my three years using GP (Purchasing function) once its posted it has to be completed with a return. :( 

They sound more complicated than they are and the transaction is pretty quick, so its not a horrible way to handle. 

If there is a another way,  I would welcome that information   :)

Experts??

Rebecca Sajewski
    Total Door Systems
    Waterford MI

• 3.  RE: need to void a receiving's transaction entry that is already posted to a batch.

GPUG ALL STAR
    Posted Oct 28, 2022 10:14 AM
    Hi @Nicole Ricci

Yes, if you received an item in using Receivings Transaction then to 'void' it you need to do a return.

A return with Credit will also setup a credit memo to that vendor.

Jo deRuiter
    🌟 GPUG ALL STAR
    💫Granite Award Winner
    Atlanta Chapter Leader
    Aisling Dynamics Business Solutions
    Business Applications Practice Manager
    jo.deruiter@aislingdynamics.com
    aislingdynamics.com

• 4.  RE: need to void a receiving's transaction entry that is already posted to a batch.

Posted Oct 31, 2022 03:34 PM
    Hi Nicole, 

Yes you will have to do a return. But one of the keys I do not see posted, is that you will want to click/check the "Replace Returned Goods". If it was received in error, then those goods will need to be placed back on the PO by clicking that button. 

Matt Pilliod
    Steiner Tractor Parts
    Lennon MI

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role