Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Mass update a SKU on a sales line from allocated to back order

• 1.  Mass update a SKU on a sales line from allocated to back order

Posted Aug 03, 2022 08:57 AM
    Hello -
    We deal with live product and sometimes we need to put a SKU on hold after it has been allocated to a sales order. If it is only a couple orders we will manually go in and change the line to back order. Most of the time it happens on a sku that we have hundreds of sales lines allocated. The best way to handle this would be with a SQL script. Does anyone know of one that is available? The script would need to handle any triggers involved with recalculation of the quantity on hand of the sku. 
    I checled Victora Yudin's site and didn't find anything, Thanks! 
    #Inventory ​​​

------------------------------
    Sue Hall
    VP - Production/Inventory
    Garden Trends, Inc.
    Rochester NY

• 2.  RE: Mass update a SKU on a sales line from allocated to back order

GPUG ALL STAR
    Posted Sep 02, 2022 10:30 AM
    @Sue Hall
    I would look at an integration tool like Integration Manager, eConnect, or SmartConnect.  You could create a smartlist to show you the open orders with that sku on it and export that list to Excel.  Then import it back in with an update to the line status to set it to on hold.
    By using one of the available tools you eliminate possible problems with direct writing to SQL plus you get the native GP validation available.  I'm not 100% sure but I'm betting that any of these tools would let you do the recalculate just natively.
    Thanks
    Windi

Windi Epperson
    Customer Support Manager
    Njevity, Inc
    Norman OK
    720-870-9700 x104

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role