Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to create an AP Aging Report including over 120+ days for various years

• 1.  How to create an AP Aging Report including over 120+ days for various years

Posted Oct 26, 2022 11:34 AM
    How can I create an AP aging report that would include over 120+ days for current and prior years?  I have tried the reports in Great Plains but they are only showing 61+ days.

We also have Management Reporter and Smart Connect, but I am not sure how to build them using those programs.

Thank you for your assistance.

Patricia Baker-Palenik
    Finance and Accounting Coordinator
    Hospice of Marion County, Inc.
    Direct line:  352-854-5203

------------------------------
    Patty Baker-Palenik
    Finance and Accounting Manager
    Ocala FL

• 2.  RE: How to create an AP Aging Report including over 120+ days for various years

Posted Oct 27, 2022 02:33 AM
    Smart Connect is not a reporting tool. 
    If you are looking for report without changing your buckets then you need custom SQL script.
    Other option is to change your buckets and then modify your all aging reports to add new buckets.

dexteritydeveloper
    dexteritydeveloper@gmail.com
    https://keptonworking.blogspot.com/

• 3.  RE: How to create an AP Aging Report including over 120+ days for various years

Posted Oct 27, 2022 08:29 AM
    We modified our Payables Management Setup, please see detail below, but we are still only seeing the original setup.  How do we modify our aging reports to add the additional buckets? 

Patty Baker-Palenik
    Finance and Accounting Manager
    Ocala FL

• 4.  RE: How to create an AP Aging Report including over 120+ days for various years

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Oct 27, 2022 09:28 AM
    You'd have to modify the aging report itself in Report Writer to pick up the new buckets. it's not difficult, but report writer is not very user friendly (if i remember correctly, it's been a while) so if you don't have someone familiar with it, you'd be better off engaging your partner to make the edits.

Mike Bresnan
    Arabella Advisors
    Washington MD

• 5.  RE: How to create an AP Aging Report including over 120+ days for various years

Posted Oct 28, 2022 03:34 PM
    It's not terrible, but not the most user friendly either. Very similar to editing crystal reports. But if not able to try in a test environment, I'd reach out to your partner.

Matt Pilliod
    Steiner Tractor Parts
    Lennon MI

• 6.  RE: How to create an AP Aging Report including over 120+ days for various years

Posted 30 days ago
    That many aging periods will not fit on one report in the Report Writer - you might be better off creating a sql view and doing this in SmartList or a refreshable Excel spreadsheet (been there, done that.....)

Deanne Rasmussen
    Financial Systems Manager
    Lumbermen's Merchandising Corp
    Wayne PA

• 7.  RE: How to create an AP Aging Report including over 120+ days for various years

GPUG ALL STAR
    Posted 29 days ago

You can add the extra aging periods to the report fairly easily, but the increase on columns would mean that you would probably need to print in landscape with a small font.

Regards

David

David Musgrave MVP, GPUG All-Star

Managing Director
    Winthrop Development Consultants

Perth, Western Australia

http://www.winthropdc.com

• 8.  RE: How to create an AP Aging Report including over 120+ days for various years

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 29 days ago
    Patty,

I agree with David and Matt.  It can be done with Report Writer fairly easily.  It does require some experience with the Report Writer as you will need to be familiar with calculated fields and formatting options.  It can be done without having to write SQL scripts.

I've done it a number of times and I was always able to find room for the additional columns by removing some unneeded columns.

If you don't have anyone on staff that knows Report Writer, your partner should.  This is a fairly common task for them.

If you're brave, go into Report Writer and use the columns that are there for reference.  Look at every setting for each field in the column.  The format setting is the tricky one. 

Good luck!

Chris

Chris Donnelly
    Director of Business Applications
    Healthmark Industries

• 9.  RE: How to create an AP Aging Report including over 120+ days for various years

Posted Oct 27, 2022 12:23 PM
    Victoria Yudn has some fabulous SQL Views that you can use that would allow you to specify your aging buckets. You can find those located here

Jonathan Cox
    Frontier Tubular Solutions, LLC
    Oklahoma City OK

• 10.  RE: How to create an AP Aging Report including over 120+ days for various years

GPUG ALL STAR
    Posted 16 days ago
    Patty,
    This thread is already several weeks old and I hope you got this all sorted out. My recommendation would be to keep this easy and like @Jonathan Cox go with the SQL views from Victoria that you can quite easily tweak and use them in a refreshable Excel report or SSRS report.. very easy. 

Beat Bucher
    Business Analyst, Dynamics GP SME
    Montreal QC/Canada
    @GP_Beat http://www.gp-geek.com
    Montreal QC GPUG Chapter Leader
    MBS MVP (2015-2018)
    All-Star 2013

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role