Open Forum

View Only

Fuel srucharge fee - how to add a tax schedule to a non-taxable item on an invoice, or a better way to setup the fee.

• 1.  Fuel srucharge fee - how to add a tax schedule to a non-taxable item on an invoice, or a better way to setup the fee.

Posted 22 days ago

Our team is running into an issue with non-taxable items and fuel surcharge. There is no clear way to set up Fuel Surcharge to calculate for every invoice without setting it up as a Tax Detail (to my knowledge, please correct me if I am wrong 😊). How our team set it up: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/dynamics/gp/add-tax-details-to-sop-blank-invoice-form-report

Our team added a fuel surcharge field and tax detail/schedule that populates what we want on most invoices. The only snag is that when a customer has a non-taxable item, the fuel surcharge does not populate. From a logic perspective, this makes sense, but we are running into a wall thinking of a workaround. We need the fuel surcharge on every invoice calculated as a %.

Is there any way to bypass the non-taxable items with the specific tax schedule so it calculates for non-taxable items? Or any suggestions for a different configuration? We are trying to push out SOP changes in the coming weeks due to the new FSC percentage we use.

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
    Angela Morehouse
    CC Industries
    Chicago IL
    ------------------------------

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role