Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Double Depreciation?

Posted Oct 19, 2022 12:11 PM
    Edited by James Morrisroe Oct 19, 2022 12:21 PM
    Hi all, I ran depreciation for 7/22 and it's seemingly picking up depreciation from 8/21 also?
    I did not add/backdate any additional assets to this group. Wondering why this is just now appearing in this month.

Thank you!
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Double Depreciation?

GPUG ALL STAR
    Posted Oct 21, 2022 07:22 AM
    Hi @James Morrisroe

A  number of issues could be falling in here, but it actually looks like you may have missed some depreciation runs on this asset. 

If you changed anything on the Book Card for this asset it may be going out and trying to recoup or Catch up the depreciation, I would do an analysis of what has been charged to this asset before, but if you changed anything on the book card then it is trying to catch up and correct depreciation per the new settings.

You may also want to look at your calendar to make sure it is setup accurately

BUT, you can always just pull the current month during the building of the GL Posting routine by using the filter and filter to only this period.  This is the last resort, though, you really need to figure out why this asset is behaving this way and that will need an analysis.  Take a look at some of the FA Inquiry tools for the asset to help you see it's history.

Jo deRuiter
    🌟 GPUG ALL STAR
    💫Granite Award Winner
    Atlanta Chapter Leader
    Aisling Dynamics Business Solutions
    Business Applications Practice Manager
    jo.deruiter@aislingdynamics.com
    aislingdynamics.com

• 3.  RE: Double Depreciation?

Posted Oct 21, 2022 10:08 AM
    Edited by James Morrisroe Oct 21, 2022 10:08 AM
    Thank you!

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role