Open Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Does the bank account you choose matter when creating a Payables batch to enter invoices?

• 1.  Does the bank account you choose matter when creating a Payables batch to enter invoices?

SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Oct 27, 2022 02:05 PM
    Good afternoon,

I'm posting this question on behalf of a coworker who doesn't have access to the GPUG forum. Her name is Kelly. 

"In one of my companies there are two active bank accounts I can use. If I were to create an A/P batch under Trans/Purch/Batches and choose the incorrect bank account, then entered and posted my invoices, what would that effect be within Great Plains? As long as the correct bank account was chosen when creating the Computer check batch to print checks from, would it post properly?"

Thank you in advance!

------------------------------
    Cara Gregory
    Accountant
    Alvarado Management Company
    Albuquerque NM

• 2.  RE: Does the bank account you choose matter when creating a Payables batch to enter invoices?

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Oct 28, 2022 09:40 AM
    @Cara Gregory No it does not.  Our DEFAULT is a bank from 20 years ago.  We have changed banks four times since I started with the company in 2014.  It matters when creating the check batch.  ​

Thomas Hill
    Staff Accountant
    M&A Technology, Inc.
    Carrollton TX

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role