Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Deleting old records

GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Oct 21, 2022 09:33 AM
    Yesterday I was using the following under Microsoft Dynamics GP > Utilities > Purchasing > Remove transactions, Remove distributions, Remove period history and remove journal history.  I did it for several years up thru 2014.  Now my colleague who does purchasing tells me that she went and did a vendor profile and all of our history for each vendor is gone except for a few days in October.  What happened?  I did not see a utilities to delete vendor records and I only did years up to 2014.  What happened to my vendor records from 2015 to present?  Any how i need to get those records back.  I have called my GP consultant, but he has not called back yet.  Is this something that we have to do a restore?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Danita

------------------------------
    Danita Simon
    Senior Accountant
    Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau
    Detroit MI

• 2.  RE: Deleting old records

Posted Oct 26, 2022 05:42 AM
    Hi,

There is a utility Mass Vendor Delete just among GP > Utilities > Purchasing > Remove transactions, Remove distributions, Remove period history and remove journal history. 
    If you have backup, the the only solution is to restore it.

dexteritydeveloper
    dexteritydeveloper@gmail.com
    https://keptonworking.blogspot.com/

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role