Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Deferred Revenue (ARED)

Posted Oct 13, 2022 08:51 AM
    Hello,

Looking for some help on a deferred revenue issue that has occurred. I ran deferred revenue but we were having some billing issues and I had to reverse the entry. I understand that my reversal only affects the G/L but is there a way to reverse the entries that were originally created and rerun? 

------------------------------
    Lynda Rable
    Accounting Manager
    Stellar MLS
    Altamonte Springs FL
    Lynda.Rable@mfrmls.com
    407-960-5300

• 2.  RE: Deferred Revenue (ARED)

GPUG ALL STAR
    Posted Oct 21, 2022 07:25 AM
    Hi @Lynda Rable

It appears you are using a Scheduled Payment as opposed to the GP Revenue and Expense Deferrals functionality and this complicates things a bit.

If that is what you are using, this link could help https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/dynamics/gp/void-a-scheduled-payment

Let us know if you are not using Scheduled Payments and are using something else.

Jo deRuiter
    🌟 GPUG ALL STAR
    💫Granite Award Winner
    Atlanta Chapter Leader
    Aisling Dynamics Business Solutions
    Business Applications Practice Manager
    jo.deruiter@aislingdynamics.com
    aislingdynamics.com

• 3.  RE: Deferred Revenue (ARED)

Posted 29 days ago
    Jo deRuiter,

I was able to reverse revenue in both ARED and the G/L. I now have to reverse one month the correct way but when I hit display it's pulling up over 3M objects and I normally have ~90K. Is it reversing my whole year or why so many objects? I've included a screen shot of the screen and process I tried. I thought by selecting "Reverse Journal Entry" it would only reverse the month I'm requesting. How can I reverse just June 2022. is an Event Based option?

Lynda Rable
    Accounting Manager
    Stellar MLS
    Altamonte Springs FL
    Lynda.Rable@mfrmls.com
    407-960-5300

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role