Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Copy and Paste Feature for Entries

Posted Aug 26, 2022 02:45 PM
      |   view attached
    Hello Everyone,

I am familiar and utilize the copy and past feature within the Financial Module in GP when posting general entries or batch entries.

Does anyone know how to do use this function within the Purchasing Module? This would be such a time saver if we could copy and paste for AP entries.
    I've attached a screen shot of an AP entry and you will see we have the icon to paste but it is grayed out and not able to be selected.

Also on the topic of using the copy and paste, is there an option to copy and paste intercompany transactions? 

Thank you for all ideas and information!

------------------------------
    Amanda Pezewski
    Prevea Health, Inc.
    Green Bay WI

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Snipping Tool Print Job.pdf   130 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Copy and Paste Feature for Entries

GPUG ALL STAR
    Posted 30 days ago
    Using GP Power Tools you can now create copy and paste functionality anywhere you want in GP.

The following examples either add lines to an inventory transaction or create entire transactions.

https://winthropdc.wordpress.com/2022/08/19/gppt-using-the-clipboard-to-copy-from-excel-into-microsoft-dynamics-gp/

Regards

David

David Musgrave MVP, GPUG All-Star

Managing Director
    Winthrop Development Consultants

Perth, Western Australia

http://www.winthropdc.com

• 3.  RE: Copy and Paste Feature for Entries

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 30 days ago
    Hi @Amanda Pezewski,

Below is a link with some instructions on the AP Copy/Paste feature.

https://community.dynamics.com/gp/b/dynamicsgp/posts/copy-and-paste-purchasing-transactions-and-distributions

A few notes on this:
    1.) If you click the Intercompany button, the paste feature will gray out.  @David Musgrave 's solution with GP Power Tools would better serve your needs if you require intercompany.

2.) if you do not have multicurrency registered, the paste feature is unavailable as well.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best,

Samantha​

Samantha Higdon ,CPA,CGMA
    Consultant
    Lagom, LLC
    Carmel IN

• 4.  RE: Copy and Paste Feature for Entries

Posted 30 days ago
    Hi Samantha, in the link you provided it looks like the paste option is grayed out. That's how mine appears and I'm not able to use the function for entries where  I did not select intercompany. Do you have any ideas of how to get the function from grayed out to where it can be selected?

Thank you!

Amanda Pezewski
    Prevea Health, Inc.
    Green Bay WI

• 5.  RE: Copy and Paste Feature for Entries

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 30 days ago
    Hi,

I would recommend the following:

1.) Confirm whether you have multicurrency registered. by going to Tools>>Setup>>System>>Registration.  This was fixed in the mid year 2021 release, but I'm not sure what version of GP you're running.

2.)Does someone have your "sa" password or is a power user?  If so, I'd have them log in and see if it's grayed out for them.  I'm not aware of a separate GP security for that button, but it's possible.  Having the "sa" or a power user log in will give a hint as to whether the limitation is security based.

Best,

Samantha

Samantha Higdon ,CPA,CGMA
    Consultant
    Lagom, LLC
    Carmel IN

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role