Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  changing / correcting the invoice date on a historical transaction

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 16 days ago
      |   view attached
    Hello Everybody. 

We have a historical SOP invoice with a strange date on it. 
    The posting date is correct.
    The invoice has been paid.

We would like to re-date the invoice, so it shows up in the right year on our reporting. 
    We don't think there will be any impact on financials, etc. 

Questions:
    1/ Is it ok to change the SOP30200.DOCDATE, and leave other dates on the SOP30200 table alone (even though some others are also incorrect)? For reporting purposes, I think the DOCDATE is the one we care about. (see image)
    2/ Are there other tables that would need to be updated? 

Thanks for your help.
    Maria. 

------------------------------
    Maria Frandzeskakis
    Director - BI
    MIP Inc.
    Anjou QC

• 2.  RE: changing / correcting the invoice date on a historical transaction

GPUG ALL STAR
    Posted 16 days ago
    Hi Maria,
    The ultimate question would be : why in the first place was someone even allowed to enter a year 2725??  With PSTL date verify in place, this should never had occured, as it would check when a user enters accidentally a date which is outside any open Fiscal Periods and prompt a warning. At least the user has the ability to correct the mistake, or consciously override the warning and enter a false date (i.e. outside open periods). 

As for your current problem, the answer is yes. There will be no impact on the financials as the related GL entries are already posted. You should even go that far to update all the date fields in that SOP transaction that have the year 2725 and correct it for the right year (whatever that is supposed to be). 

The benefit of the PSTL Doc Date Verify function is to prevent such things and have your Sales reports work properly and not get something in the past or far future. If you have manufacturing, this could also drive the production call (which would never happen if the Ship date is many years out from now). To enable it, you have to install the PSTL add-on to all GP clients and just check the box in the Misc Tools section

Hope that helps,
    Beat

Beat Bucher
    Business Analyst, Dynamics GP SME
    Montreal QC/Canada
    @GP_Beat http://www.gp-geek.com
    Montreal QC GPUG Chapter Leader
    MBS MVP (2015-2018)
    All-Star 2013

• 3.  RE: changing / correcting the invoice date on a historical transaction

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted 15 days ago
    Thanks so much @Beat Bucher,
    I appreciate the input and the good advice.
    I'll share with the team.
    Kind regards,

Maria Frandzeskakis
    Director - BI
    MIP Inc.
    Anjou QC

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role