Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Budget and Actual - Month to Month

Posted Sep 29, 2022 11:22 AM
    Since we are working on the budget for 2023, I am wondering if there is a way to run reports showing all expenses accounts by month to month and by department.  This report should allow me to download to excel spreadsheet to share with department heads when preparing the budget. for 2023.  

thanks,
    Judy

------------------------------
    Judy Hicks
    Controller
    Milwaukee Catholic Home
    Milwaukee WI

• 2.  RE: Budget and Actual - Month to Month

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Sep 30, 2022 09:30 AM
    Have you looked at the Budge Wizard for Excel? We use it to send Excel template budgets  to each manager and then import them after they complete.

Thaddeus Suter
    Retus, Inc
    HELOTES TX

• 3.  RE: Budget and Actual - Month to Month

Posted Oct 03, 2022 12:15 PM
    Hi Thaddeus,

I am looking at the actual expenses not budget.  There are selections to choose the budget calculation method but the results is not correct.  It should show actual dollars by month.   Is there something I am not doing it correctly?

Judy Hicks
    Controller
    Milwaukee Catholic Home
    Milwaukee WI

• 4.  RE: Budget and Actual - Month to Month

TOP CONTRIBUTOR
    Posted Oct 03, 2022 02:19 PM
    Typically the Budget Wizard for Excel would produce an Excel file with at least two worksheets as follows:
    Worksheet 1. Budget Year 2023 by period - the values normally would be blank for the managers to fill in if you chose Blank. Or you can fill it in based on a prior year.
    Worksheet 2. Actual Year 2022 by period - but since the year is not complete, I would also add Worksheet 3 for 2021.
    Worksheet 3. Actual Year 2021 by period
    So the Managers get one excel file for their department accounts with one worksheet for the budget and other worksheets (2 and 3 etc) with Actuals as a reference to use when completing Worksheet one.

For each year I mark in the following window they get another Worksheet of Actuals.

Thaddeus Suter
    Retus, Inc
    HELOTES TX

• 5.  RE: Budget and Actual - Month to Month

Posted Oct 05, 2022 03:07 PM
    Thank you Thaddeus!  I was able to follow your sample and it works.  

thanks again!

Judy Hicks
    Controller
    Milwaukee Catholic Home
    Milwaukee WI

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role