Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Adding ShipToName to Sales Aging Report

Posted 11 days ago
    Is it possible to join the RM Open table with the Sales Transaction History table in Report Writer? My company uses the ShipToName on a Sales Transaction to  add what they describe as the project name, but they would like to see that field on the Aging report. I made the join in Tables in RW and was able to  see the field in the layout window, but when I add it to the report and run it I get nothing. 

Thanks

------------------------------
    Howard Blitstein
    Najaxa Software
    Sterling Heights

• 2.  RE: Adding ShipToName to Sales Aging Report

GPUG ALL STAR
    Posted 10 days ago
    @Howard Blitstein

You cannot get this to work with Report Writer Table Relationships as the RM Document Type values will not match the SOP Type values.  Because of th​is the relationship will fail to produce the correct results.

You could get this working in about 5 minutes using custom RW functions created by GP Power Tools - Developer Tools. No additional deployment or upgrade steps, works on web client and new windows servers.

Or you could take an hour or so and use the "End of Life" VBA to access SQL via ADO and build a SQL statement to get the data. Which would need deployment to all machines and updating with future versions and won't work on the web client or new Windows Servers.

Regards

David

David Musgrave MVP, GPUG All-Star

Managing Director
    Winthrop Development Consultants

Perth, Western Australia

http://www.winthropdc.com

If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role