Like what you see? Discover the benefits of the GPUG Community. Learn More
We have been using Dynamics 2015 on a remote desktop with redirected printers since the beginning of the year. Since our move to GP we have also been using Mekorma MICR for our check printing. About 6 weeks ago, we started having problems when printing multiple check batches back-to-back. The first batch will print fine, but any subsequent batches will run through the printer (and be recognized as being printed by GP) but the checks coming off the printer are blank. If we click "Process Later" we are able to print the checks without incident after exiting GP and then logging back into the system. I know that Mekorma states it does not support redirected printers, however we have been able to print all of our batches in the past and the issue now is only when printing multiple batches so I don't think that is the problem. Does anyone have experience with this issue or an idea of why this might be happening?
Did you recently turn on 'Enable PDF Check Copies'?
We did that earlier this year, and we ran into the same problem. It turns out that if the user who is printing the checks doesn't have security to the folder where the copies are sent, then you will run into this issue any time you try to print a second batch of checks during the same GP login.
Here is what is happening: (in this order)
Your user prints a batch of checks - no issues, all checks print
Mekorma creates the PDF copies & tries to save them to the designated folder - User does not have appropriate security for the folder so no copies are saved, and Mekorma now thinks that the user shouldn't be printing checks (sort of)
User tries to print the next batch, GP allows user to go through all of the steps, but Mekorma doesn't print them because it can't save them the the folder.
Before we found out about the folder security, we were having users log out & back into GP if they had to print multiple batches.
Thanks for your reply. We had been printing check copies to PDF the whole time. However, this was the root of our issue. We print the check copies to a folder in Dropbox. Due to space limitations we had to stop syncing several folders in the remote environment and we stopped syncing this one in the process. Once we began syncing that folder again the problem was resolved.
Site designed by Brightfind
Powered by Cobalt xRM and Higher Logic