Server names do not change in our environment.
100% confirmed that the GP client always uses the exact same ODBC connection name that was used in the initial configuration and doesn't change over the course of time – There is an RDS server exclusively for the GP environment.
These issues didn't occur for the previous version of GP (before GP 2016) which was hosted the exact same way that GP 2016 is hosted today.Thank you so much really!Regards,Mangala
Circling back to this discussion because I've just come across one reason for this error message.
We had an individual getting this error while attempting to log into the web client. After days of investigation, I found the cause:The user in question had been married some time in the recent past. We had created a new GP user account for the user and inactivated the old one.However, the old one was still tied to the active AD directory account in GP.
We use Fastpath to create our new GP users, and Fastpath ties the GP User ID to the directory account. So we unknowingly had 2 user ids tied to the same directory account. I removed the directory account from the inactive user id and had the user try again. Voila! Problem solved.
We have added the step of removing the directory account from any inactive user to our process.
Wanted to share this discovery, as I didn't see a solution listed here.