We are using integration manager for importing large bank transactions into GP. We use this every other week but now I get an error. There are no scripts anywhere in the header or line sources. Any suggestions?
I find that an invalid character error usually indicates a formatting issue somewhere in your text file. Most of the time too hard to find so I have found the quickest way to fix it is to use Format Painter to copy the format of the columns from a previous month spreadsheet (before you make the text file) onto your new one. Hope this helps.
If you don't have any scripts, the likely culprit is the data itself. Look for special characters, especially %, &, *, and both single and double-quotes. These have special meanings for databases and should be scrubbed or appropriately escaped prior to import.
In the messages itself, it will always (should always? lol) tell you exactly where the scripts are coming from. In your case, you'll see "error compiling script Before Query" - so it is a Before Query script.
There are two places where you'll find scripts so it might be possible you checked one but not the other?
Here is the type of scripts that are attached to individual sources of data. Open the properties of the data source (where you define what type of source it is, if it has headers etc.), and there is a scripts tab where you should see it, on the "PR Import Header" script (according to your screen shot). Essentially the script may have something invalid in it and may need looking into, it may or may not be your actual data that is the issue.
In case people are curious, here is the second type of scripts, which is under the properties of the integration. These are the types/events that can be scripted on the overall integration unrelated to the actual data source script types:
I feel the need to reply to this conversation even though it was started long ago. I ran in to this issue just recently on GP 2018 and it was driving me crazy because I started with a brand new integration for a simple GL Account import and there were absolutely no scripts added. Pure and simple source file with 5 columns.
I thought that it might be '/' in the account description or other formatting, but I would still get the error even after fixing the data.
I finally had an "aha" moment and realized that I named my source query with a period in the beginning so that it would show at the top of the source list. This was the problem. Once I renamed this text source as _ACCOUNTS instead of .ACCOUNTS the integration ran without errors.
Lessons learned every day! Hope this helps someone.
If you've found this thread useful, dive deeper into User Group community content by role