GPUG Rules & Etiquette
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. You must accept these terms prior to participating in the online community (scroll to bottom to accept).
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules. Questions about these guidelines should be directed to our Member Services department via the Contact Us page on this site.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that GPUG and other participants have the right to reproduce postings.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists, libraries or individuals with the same message.
- All messages on the site, including blogs and discussion posts, must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
- Job openings/postings are not allowed in the community.
Dynamics Partner Participation
- Individuals representing Dynamics Partner organizations must adhere to the Partner Terms & Conditions that was signed at the initiation of your GPUG membership.
- Partner participants must refrain from using the community or any its features such as posts, messages, library items, and blogs, as a sales and/or marketing outlet for themselves or affiliated third-party vendors. Unsolicited promotional posts are not allowed and will be removed.
- Contributions from Partners must be free of promotional messages (including, but not limited to, promotion of Partner products, services, training and events), and sales activities are strictly prohibited. This includes messages posted to the discussion boards and messages sent directly to an individual.
- If a user posts a discussion looking for product or service recommendations that your company's products or services address, the best approach is to ask one of your clients to recommend your products or services on your behalf (rather than posting a promotional response yourself). Users enjoy hearing from other users, and your clients' experience with your products or services will carry far more weight.
Partner participants' contributions should be unbiased and free of any conflict of interest. As such, please refrain from making comments about affiliates' or competitors’ products, services or other offerings.
- Partners participating in Chapter meetings must adhere to the Chapter Guidelines outlined in the Partner Terms & Conditions.
- Given the mission and purpose of GPUG, the following types of companies are not allowed to participate in the community: recruiters and staffing firms; resellers of Dynamics GP licenses only that provide no services; product or service providers with no relation to Dynamics GP.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of the Dynamics GP User Group (GPUG). GPUG is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by GPUG or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall GPUG be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants GPUG and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
GPUG will monitor the site for inappropriate postings; however, we do not undertake editorial control of postings. Community participants should help monitor the content posted on the site and report to us via the Contact Us link any inappropriate content or postings. In the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of GPUG, we will take all appropriate action.
GPUG reserves the right to review membership at their discretion at any time. Membership in GPUG is not automatic and may be subject to additional due diligence. In addition, membership may be subject to further review and adjudication by GPUG staff and/or Board of Advisors. Violation of the Code of Conduct and/or the Partner Code of Conduct may subject a member to disciplinary action up to and including dismissal from the group and all related benefits.
GPUG reserves the right to moderate individuals or terminate access for any participant who does not abide by these guidelines.