As a GP administrator or super-user, you have a variety of tools at your disposal to help your organization use GP more effectively, and to help GP run more efficiently. In this fast-paced class, we’ll review these common tools to make sure you know what they are, how to leverage them, and give you a jump start in putting them to use.
- Explore the basic components of Integration Manager, including:
- Source Relationships
- Destination Mapping
- Filtering and Scripts Capabilities
- Overview the capabilities of SmartList Builder and Excel Report Builder, then walk through creation of a SmartList with SmartList Builder, including:
- Create an Excel Report based on a SmartList created in SmartList Builder
If you would like a reference book for this class, your instructor suggests Customizing GP with The Builders from Accolade Publications. As a GPUG Academy student, use coupon code DCAC4690 for a 20% discount.
- Select the appropriate tool for customization projects related to Dynamics GP
- Create basic integrations in Integration Manager using single and multiple source files
- Use the Script Library in Integration Manager to further customize your integration
- Understand the capabilities of Modifier to customize Microsoft Dynamics GP resources
- Use Modifier to make cosmetic changes to windows and global resources
- Understand the capabilities of Extender to add resources to Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Use Extender to create new windows and fields in Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Understand the capabilities of SmartList Builder and Excel Report Builder
- Create a basic SmartList and basic Excel Report using the associated builders
Instructor: Christina Phillips, BKD LLP
Audience: Dynamics GP Power-Users, IT Professionals, and Dynamics GP Support Professionals
Prerequisites: Functional knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP; basic understanding of SQL database terminology and concepts
Preparation: The detailed instructions for connecting and attending the class will be sent one to two days prior to class. Students have the option of connecting to the class via conference call or VOIP. If using VOIP, a headset with a microphone is strongly recommended. If your instructor will use the hands-on training environment you will receive a separate email with the setup instructions, and a dual monitor is strongly recommended to facilitate navigation.
This is 4-hour class, however, it is scheduled for 4.5 hours to allow time at the beginning for everyone to connect successfully to their classroom.
Delivery Method: Group Internet-based
CPE Credits: Earn up to 4 CPE credits. Please request credit via the class survey, which will be distributed after the class. Class participation will be monitored and you will not receive CPE credit for any portion of the class that you do not appear fully engaged.
The GPUG Academy offers the unique ability to learn from recognized experts while sitting at your own desk. GPUG Academy provides an instructor-led learning environment coupled with hands-on training. You can practice the content and apply the curriculum immediately, instead of just watching. Classes are conducted with a combination of a conference call/VOIP, and a remote desktop connection. The detailed instructions for connecting and attending the class will be sent a day or two prior to class.
Note: Preview Members are not eligible for the Premium Member discount.
To maintain an optimal training environment, each person attending the class is required to register separately. If more than one attendee per registration participates, their organization will be billed for the additional attendees. With registration, you agree to the terms related to Distance Learning classes as included here.