Don't miss this valuable session to review tons of tips to help you get your job done faster and simpler. If you use or support the financial modules at your organization, this class is a must as we’ll cover how to:
• Limit the number of General Ledger accounts that appear in lookups.
• Send Emails to Vendors or Customers with a single click.
• Create rollup account views in General Ledger to more quickly reconcile to the subledgers.
• Set up Posting Accounts to help you enter transactions quickly.
• Use certain free tools that are part of the Professional Services Tools Library.
• Create four additional lookups for many lookup windows.
• Change lookup defaults using a free 3rd party product.
• Modify sales tax using General Ledger.
• Compute sales tax in Receivables.
• Compute purchases tax in Payables.
• Capture and Pay Use Tax in Payables.
• Use the Backup Withholding options.
• Create ‘refreshable’ Excel worksheets.
• Set up and Modify Scheduled Payments.
• Accept unscheduled principal paydowns for scheduled payments transactions.
• Simplify vendor expense account selection.
• Use setup options often overlooked.
• And much, much more!
Instructor: Lisa Armstrong, SSI Consulting
Audience: Finance / GP Support
Learning Objectives: Develop advanced skill set in Dynamics GP Financial Series
Prerequisites: Basic Dynamics GP Skills
Preparation: The detailed instructions for connecting and attending the class will be sent one to two days prior to class. Students have the option of connecting to the class via conference call or VOIP. If using VOIP, a headset with a microphone is strongly recommended. If your instructor will use the hands-on training environment you will receive a separate email with the setup instructions, and a dual monitor is strongly recommended to facilitate navigation.
This is 4-hour class, however, it is scheduled for 4.5 hours to allow time at the beginning for everyone to connect successfully to their classroom.
Delivery Method: Group Internet-based
CPE Credits: Earn up to 4 CPE credits. Please request credit via the class survey, which will be distributed after the class. Class participation will be monitored and you will not receive CPE credit for any portion of the class that you do not appear fully engaged.
The GPUG Academy offers the unique ability to learn from recognized experts while sitting at your own desk. Most classes leverage an instructor-led learning environment coupled with hands-on training. You can practice the content and apply the curriculum immediately, instead of just watching. Classes are conducted with a combination of a conference call/VOIP, and a remote desktop connection. If your instructor uses this environment, the detailed instructions for connecting and attending the class will be sent a day prior to class.
Note: Preview Members are not eligible for the Premium Member discount.
To maintain an optimal training environment, each person attending the class is required to register separately. If more than one attendee per registration participates, their organization will be billed for the additional attendees. With registration, you agree to the terms related to Distance Learning classes as included here.