About this Course
The 16-hour course is an advanced training workshop that focuses on the Project Management area of Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step 2010. Students assume the role of a Project Manager as they complete a case study involving the implementation of one of the Microsoft Dynamics ERP products at Tailspin Toys, a fictitious customer account. Note: This course will focus on the ERP templates within Sure Step but CRM partners needing to pass the Implementations Certification Exam will benefit from the class as well.
Join Christina Phillips from BKD Technologies as she guides you in using Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step from a Project Manager's perspective as students complete each phase of the implementation. Lab activities focus on project management tasks involving project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closure. Students are tasked with completing a variety of Sure Step documents and making strategic implementation decisions during each implementation phase.
Students do not install or use Microsoft Dynamics ERP products during the case study. However, sufficient knowledge of one of Microsoft Dynamics ERP products is necessary for the student to tailor the implementation and complete the Sure Step project documents to satisfy the customer’s business requirements. Class discussions following each lab exercise add the dimension of peer learning and play a key role in enforcing the knowledge obtained during the training. It is strongly suggested that you load Sure Step onto your computer before the class.
Due to the length of the course, it has been scheduled in 3 segments to lessen time away from your clients (times include 1/2 hour lunch break).
- 8/5, 10:30 - 5:00 EDT
- 8/19, 10:30 - 5:00 EDT
- 8/26, 10:30 - 5:00 EDT
If you will miss a segment the session will be recorded so you can review before the next class.
This training is intended for Project Managers and Implementation Consultants responsible for managing Microsoft Dynamics AX, GP, NAV, and CRM implementations.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Examine how to prepare and plan for a Diagnostic phase.
- Decide, plan, and deliver Sure Step decision accelerators.
- Define the scope of the project based on results from the decision accelerator.
- Guide the customer toward the most efficient implementation process and project type.
- Produce time and cost estimates for the project.
- Plan the resources for the project and plan for risks.
- Prepare for and conduct the Kickoff meeting with the Customer.
- Determine if a Solutions Overview is necessary.
- Understand the Detailed Business Process Analysis.
- Identify and document functional requirement Fits and Gaps.
- Control scope creep by implementing proposal management.
- Plan early for the Deployment phase by creating a deployment plan.
- Learn how to use solution design documents.
- Examine Performance Reporting and Status Reporting.
- Plan and perform testing activities across different phases.
- Conduct a tollgate review.
- Prepare and conduct the cutover from the non-production to production environment.
- Understand the importance of quality management during the Operation phase.
- Identify how to work towards project closure.
The GPUG Academy offers the unique ability to learn from recognized experts while sitting at your own desk. The detailed instructions for connecting and attending the class will be sent a day prior to class.
Note: Preview Members are not eligible for the Premium Member discount.
To maintain an optimal training environment, each person attending the class is required to register separately. If more than one attendee per registration participates, their organization will be billed for the additional attendees. With registration, you agree to the terms related to Distance Learning classes as included here.