In our version of CSI: GP Data, join specialist Leslie Vail as she reviews techniques for finding and leveraging data in the Microsoft Dynamics GP tables. A sampling of the topics covered include:
- When to look in the DYNAMICS database instead of your COMPANY database
- How to track data from input to posting to history
- More quickly locate data by discovering the table naming conventions
- Finding and using the SDK to reveal how the data flows through posting
- Discovering the tables behind the window s using the import utility
- Discovering which tables are used in a specific operation without needing Dexterity
- Use Report Writer to determine table relationships.
- Use Modifier to determine field origination.
- Using Activity Tracking to obtain table and field information.
- SQL scripts to lookup field names across the table structure
- Examples of SQL scripts that use WHERE clauses to filter data
- Examples of SQL UNION statements in order to combine the data in the WORK, OPEN and HISTORY tables
- An Excel spreadsheet that lists the table information – including the series and each table in the series including technical name, logical name and logical group
- KB article numbers that help identify tables
The GPUG Academy offers the unique ability to learn from recognized experts while sitting at your own desk. GPUG Academy provides an instructor-led learning environment coupled with hands-on training. You can practice the content and apply the curriculum immediately, instead of just watching. Classes are conducted with a combination of a conference call/VOIP, and a remote desktop connection. The detailed instructions for connecting and attending the class will be sent a day or two prior to class.
Note: Preview Members are not eligible for the Premium Member discount.
To maintain an optimal training environment, each person attending the class is required to register separately. If more than one attendee per registration participates, their organization will be billed for the additional attendees. With registration, you agree to the terms related to Distance Learning classes as included here.
Basic Membership Cost:
Premium Membership Cost: